MBA (Business Analytics)
University of East London’s MBA is a dynamic, contemporary and practical course designed to produce the business leaders of the future.
Beacon International College and its partner reserve the rights, at its discretion, to change, modify, add or remove the course information at any time without prior notice. Please check the course information periodically for changes.
This course is designed to give learners the opportunity to:
- Study organisations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
- Develop the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex or difficult issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management practice, including within an international context.
- Develop competences and abilities in the field of Data Science applicable to the Business Industry.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of business innovation – creativity, intrapreneurial – and entrepreneurial behaviour and enterprise development, and the management and exploitation of intellectual property.
- Develop leadership and management skills – leadership and management of people within organisations – leadership, organisational behaviour and motivation.
- Develop lifelong learning skills, including engendering an enthusiasm for business and for learning more generally as part of continuing personal and professional development.
The Master of Business Administration (Business Analytics) comprises of these six (6) compulsory units from the following list determined by the School:
In this module will enable you to explore the process of creating, evaluating and developing strategy and operations. You will be introduced to the challenges and practices associated with becoming strategic leaders and how organizations manage their operations.
The module aims to develop the personal and professional skills that enhance employability and career opportunities. On the other hand, the module aims to develop your understanding and skills in people management and leadership. You will learn some key theories that underpin the latest thinking in the knowledge and skills of being an outstanding leader and manager, regardless of sector (private, public, or non-profit sector).
This module is designed to introduce you to contemporary principles and practices in marketing, in a customer focused and market oriented organisation. Relationship marketing is the recent marketing approach that develops around the buying and consumption experience. As such the module aims to develop your in depth understanding of the strategic role of marketing in business, and its impact on the market and society in the digital age.
This module provides the opportunity for you to develop the ability to diagnose and investigate a live, complex business issue from a variety of perspectives, to locate the work within the body of contemporary knowledge, to collect and analyse data, to derive supportable conclusions and to make practical and actionable recommendations for change, improvement or enhancement of current practice.
As a business professional managing organisation, you will find yourself working in changing, challenging and complex global environments. Therefore, the management has become increasingly focussed on skills and self-development including key emotional, psychological, and social determinants of human performance are critical for successful professional practice. This module, as a ‘mental wealth’ initiative aims to develop a full range of skills, competences and experiences required for successful performance and practice in a range of potential careers. Your personal and professional development will be fueled by advancing your analytical, emotional, cultural, cognitive and social intelligences through taught and workshop activity primarily based on online learning and reflective practices. The module will fuel your potential by introducing you to a wide range of approaches (including reflective skills, self-care and empathetic alertness) and equip you with the confidence, competencies and courage to lead. This module provides the opportunity for you to demonstrate the ability to diagnose and investigate a complex business issue from a variety of perspectives, to locate the work within the body of contemporary knowledge, to learn from online learning platforms, to derive supportable conclusions and to make practical and actionable recommendations for change, improvement, or enhancement of current practice at individual, organisational and community level.
The Industry 4.0 revolution is creating a transformational and competitive business scenario that is full of challenges that demand effective solutions. As a professional of the business industry you should be aware of the crucial role that business analytics – the strategic analysis of data to make the best decisions – plays in with regards optimising processes and creating competitive advantages. In this module, you will develop competences and abilities in the field of Data Science (DS) applicable in the business industry. You will learn how to analyse data to derive Business Intelligence (BI) and how to use Business Analytics (BA) to drive effective decisions and successful future outcomes. Two of the main components that make up Business Analytics include an effective management of data and statistical methods and informatic packages. This module will help you develop understanding of the theoretical and practical competences to be able to produce and manage strategic data in a business context as well as the application of statistics methods supported by computer tools to extract the value of the data and generate prescriptive business scenarios that guarantee the success of a company.
The aim of this module is to enable you to conduct a live applied project that should address a business problem. This could include a work-based project or a case study or other empirical research that will demonstrate understanding of applied research and the relationship between Business Analytics Theory and its practical implication in real life.
This MBA programme will enhance your ability to think and act strategically and creatively, as you will be better placed to identify and evaluate ways to solve business problems.
You will enhance your problem-solving and decision-making ability in general, as you learn to research and analyse information in new ways.
And you will learn to work productively as part of a team, improving your personal effectiveness and ability to make decisive contributions to business issues.
We consistently review and develop our courses and modules to ensure they are up-to-date with sector and industry graduate skills demands. Course structure, modules and options are subject to change.
At least 20 years old
- Lower Second Class classification (2:2) from an undergraduate degree or equivalent
- A non-graduate qualification for mature students who are at least 30 years old and with minimum of 8 years of working experience
English Entry Requirement
For those candidates whose first language is not English, they are excepted to have:
- at least an IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 6.0 in Writing and Speaking; minimum 5.5 in Reading and Listening),
2. or the equivalent
Exemptions / Credit Transfer / Advanced Standing
Candidates who do not hold such qualifications (i.e.: formal qualifications which marginally fall short of the normal minimum entry requirements) and are at least 30 years old will be assessed as to their suitability through interview, and where necessary the taking of references. They should be compensated for by his/her relevant work experience provided that such candidates have held, for a minimum of eight years, a responsible position which is relevant to the Master’s degree to be pursued.
12 Months (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Support for students and their learning:
- All students studying in Beacon benefit from the team of dedicated tutors who provide a point of personal and regular contact for students
- Student handbook, programme handbook and individual module handbooks
- Module content and materials via Moodle Virtual Learning Environment
- Library and learning resources of both University of East London and Beacon
- Wifi, photocopying & printing services, library with PCs and laptop recommendation services
- Unlimited worldwide web access
- Access to student services including those offered by careers, welfare and counselling.
Beacon maintains a maximum teacher-student ratio as follows:
Lecture: From 1:11 to 1:72
Practical & Tutorial: From 1:11 to 1:40
About University of East London
The University of East London is founded in 1898 and located in the East London boroughs of Stratford and Docklands. It is ranked:
- 1st modern university in London in the National Student Survey 2018 league table
- 2nd modern university in London for ‘teaching on my course’ (NSS 2017)
- 3rd modern university in London for ‘academic support’ (NSS 2017)
- World’s top 200 young universities (Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2018)
- World’s top 1000 universities (Times Higher Education University Ranking 2021)