Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
About Cardiff Metropolitan University
We trace our history back to 1865, when the School of Art first opened in the Old Free Library in Cardiff. Since we developed into a university, we have remained rooted in Wales while providing practice-focused and professionally oriented education to students from around the globe. Our vision emboldens this commitment to education, research and innovation undertaken in partnership with our students, governments, business and industry and with tangible benefits for individuals, society and the economy. We are committed to ensuring that every student fulfils their potential to make outstanding graduate-level contributions to their own and future generations.
- Located in a vibrant European capital city, Cardiff Metropolitan University is a thriving and modern university. Integral to the city of Cardiff for more than 150 years.
- Awarded “Welsh University of the Year 2021” (the Times and the Sunday Times, 2020)
- Ranked top in the UK for overall international student support for the 6th time (International Student Barometer 2010-2015)
- 95.6% of graduates secure employment or enter further study within six months of graduation. This is the highest figure of any modern university in Wales (DLHE 2015)
- 85% of students at Cardiff Met agree or strongly agree that overall, they are satisfied with the quality of their course (National Student Survey 2019)
- Ranked 72nd in the UK in the Guardian University League Table, the highest rise in Wales
- Ranked as the Fourth-Best University in Wales in the University League Table 2022 (The Complete University Guide 2022)