- Allow students to gain industry experience and acquire industry relevant and workplace skill sets
- Foster closer relationship between industry and Beacon International College.
- Students must successfully complete all units before being placed on a six-month industrial attachment programme
- Students must be at least 18 years old at the time of industrial attachment posting
- Students must pass the Interview conducted by organisation(s)
Students from below mentioned programmes are eligible to apply for the six months industrial attachment:
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Higher Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management (Events)
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management (Food and Beverage)
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management (Teach out)
- Diploma in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Eligible students must accept internship program as arranged by Beacon International College and successfully placed students must adhere to the following:
- carry out all duties and responsibilities entrusted by the organisation with care and diligence.
- comply with the organisation’s work procedures, rules of conduct and discipline during the period of industrial attachment .
- comply with all the rules and instructions contained in the Student Logbook
Students must meet the following criteria to be considered for a Pass in the Work based Experience module, which is compulsory* to graduate from the course:
- successfully complete the Industrial attachment program within the stated period;
- complete and submit all industrial attachment program documents within the stipulated time
*Note: Students who fail to complete their industrial attachment program will receive a unit failure in their work-based experience module. Industrial attachment opportunities will be arranged for eligible students. Thus, students must maintain attendance as per ICA requirements and must not have any outstanding fee.
As per the Ministry of Manpower’s revised regulations on Training Work Permit (TWP) each student is eligible for 1 Industrial attachment only. Students with prior experience will be granted industrial attachment alternatives.
Industrial attachment posting is not guaranteed and will be subject to the approval of relevant passes by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). No further posting will be arranged if a student withdraws from or is terminated by the company.
Students who are unable to secure an industrial attachment placement through no fault of theirs or for reasons beyond their control will be offered industrial attachment alternatives, such as a Research Project.