Last Updated on 28-09-2023
This Policy applies to personal data in our possession and/or control including personal data in the possession of third-party service providers including data intermediaries (“Service Organisations”) engaged by us to collect, use, or process your personal data in Singapore or overseas for our business purposes.
We do not provide your personal data to any other third parties except when such disclosure is required by law, or where we have engaged Service Organisations specifically to assist with our business activities that necessitate the processing of your personal data. We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that any Service Organisations engaged for such business activities will be bound contractually to handle your personal information according to the requirements of the PDPA, or to a standard that is comparable to the PDPA if these Service Organisations are handling your personal information outside of Singapore.
In this respect, Beacon International College.
- will collect, use or disclose your personal data for our business purposes only if there is consent or deemed consent from you and information regarding such purposes have been notified to you. We shall seek your consent before collecting additional personal data from you or/and before using your personal data already in our systems and records for a purpose which has not been notified to you. Your personal data may also be collected, used, or disclosed without consent if it is permitted under applicable laws such as the 2th, 3rd and 4th Schedules of the PDPA.
- will respect your decision to withdraw your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in our possession and/or control at any time by giving us reasonable notice to process your request. Upon receiving your request to withdraw your consent, we will notify you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of consent and process your request within a reasonable timeframe. Thereafter we will cease to collect, use or disclose your personal data unless such collection, use or disclosure is allowed or required, or authorized under applicable laws
- Upon request, we will provide you with access to your personal data or correct an error or omission in your personal data that is in our possession and/or control unless such a request fall under the exceptions to the Access and Correction Obligation of the PDPA. A reasonable fee may also be charged for an access request and we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- Retention of your personal data in our possession and/or control will cease as soon as only when such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes and it no longer serves the purpose for which your personal were collected and used.
- We have implemented appropriate standards of information technology security and control measures to protect your personal data that are in our possession and/or control to prevent unauthorised access, misappropriation, destruction, and other forms of data risks incidents. We are contractually obliged to keep your personal data confidential and only authorised persons have access to such information.
- Best and reasonable efforts will be rendered by us in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of your personal data in our possession and/or control. You may update us if there are changes to your personal data.
- In all event that the sharing and transfer of your personal data outside of Singapore will be necessitated for our business purposes, we will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that the transfer and handling of your personal data outside Singapore will be carried out according to the standard that is comparable to the PDPA.
Purpose for the Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Data
Depending on your relationship with us, the personal data which we collect from you may be used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Evaluating your application for enrolment as a student;
- Administering and managing your relationship as our student, such as for student pass application, application for scholarships and awards, fee matters, your academic performance or internships with external organisations;
- Enhancing or enriching your life as our student through Student Activities such as orientation, festivals, school celebrations, excursions;
- Assisting your application to our overseas partner universities by providing them with relevant data.
Organising of Alumni events after you have graduated;
- Responding to your enquiries and requests received from you in our online enquiry form in the ‘Contact Us’ section of our website.
- Evaluating your application for employment with us;
- Administering and managing your relationship including your responsibilities and updating of your particulars as our employee;
- Administering staff welfare programmes and benefits.
Do Not Call (DNC) Registry
The DNC Registry provisions under the PDPA prohibits organisations from sending certain marketing messages to Singapore telephone numbers, including mobile, fixed line, residential and business numbers registered with the Registry.
If you ARE registered with the Registry
If we can be of service to you, please do contact us via our various corporate emails so that we can follow up with you.
Privacy on our Website
Our website contains links to third parties’ websites and we are not responsible for the privacy or cookies policies of such websites. We do not monitor such external websites and any opinion expressed in these websites should not be taken as our recommendation or opinion. We encourage you to check the privacy policies on these third parties’ sites before providing any personal information.
This Policy also applies to your personal data that may be collected by us via our website through cookies that are used to make our website work more efficiently and improve users’ navigational experience. If you are concerned about cookies, you can modify your internet browser setting to disable and block all cookies from our website, or you can choose to accept or decline cookies by selecting the appropriate option through our Cookie Consent Notice displayed on our website.