MBA (Fintech Management)
University of East London’s MBA is a dynamic, contemporary and practical course designed to produce the business leaders of the future.
Beacon International College and its partner reserve the rights, at its discretion, to change, modify, add or remove the course information at any time without prior notice. Please check the course information periodically for changes.
This course is designed to give learners the opportunity to:
- Study organisations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
- Develop the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex or difficult issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management practice, including within an international context.
- Develop competences and abilities in the area of FinTech and other disruptive innovations
- Gain knowledge and understanding of business innovation – creativity, intrapreneurial – and entrepreneurial behaviour and enterprise development, and the management and exploitation of intellectual property.
- Develop leadership and management skills – leadership and management of people within organisations – leadership, organisational behaviour and motivation.
- Develop lifelong learning skills, including engendering an enthusiasm for business and for learning more generally as part of continuing personal and professional development.
The Master of Business Administration (Fintech Management) comprises of these six (6) compulsory units from the following list:
In this module will enable you to explore the process of creating, evaluating and developing strategy and operations. You will be introduced to the challenges and practices associated with becoming strategic leaders and how organizations manage their operations.
The module aims to develop the personal and professional skills that enhance employability and career opportunities. On the other hand, the module aims to develop your understanding and skills in people management and leadership. You will learn some key theories that underpin the latest thinking in the knowledge and skills of being an outstanding leader and manager, regardless of sector (private, public, or non-profit sector).
This module is designed to introduce you to contemporary principles and practices in marketing, in a customer focused and market oriented organisation. Relationship marketing is the recent marketing approach that develops around the buying and consumption experience. As such the module aims to develop your in depth understanding of the strategic role of marketing in business, and its impact on the market and society in the digital age.
This module provides the opportunity for you to develop the ability to diagnose and investigate a live, complex business issue from a variety of perspectives, to locate the work within the body of contemporary knowledge, to collect and analyse data, to derive supportable conclusions and to make practical and actionable recommendations for change, improvement or enhancement of current practice.
This module will equip you with advanced skills and knowledge to develop a fintech strategy. In this module you will learn how fintech’s are different yet similar to any organisation. The module looks at how traditional processes are automated in the era of Industry 4.0 making businesses future proof and efficient. Through the application of strategic management theories and frameworks you will critically assess and identify weaknesses, threats, opportunities posed to an organisation from mirco and macro environments. The module will also introduce you to Big Data and demonstrate how it informs future strategic directions for fintech’s. You will also learn how to recommend and critically review strategies in real-life organisations through suitability, feasibility and acceptability analysis. The module will additionally require you to stay up to date with the ever-changing Fintech industry. At the end of the module you will be prepared to not only enter but to excel within a professional workplace.
This module will help you build your practical skills and knowledge of FinTech. It consolidates skills and knowledge gained in the developing FinTech Strategy module, and other modules at level 7. As part of this module you will construct a research and development process for a FinTech startup. Your project will showcase your creative and intellectual position, clearly establishing your own identity and level of ambition.
At least 20 years old
- Lower Second Class classification (2:2) from an undergraduate degree or equivalent
- A non-graduate qualification for mature students who are at least 30 years old and with minimum of 8 years of working experience
English Entry Requirement
For those candidates whose first language is not English, they are excepted to have:
- at least an IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 6.0 in Writing and Speaking; minimum 5.5 in Reading and Listening),
2. or the equivalent
Exemptions / Credit Transfer / Advanced Standing
Candidates who do not hold such qualifications (i.e.: formal qualifications which marginally fall short of the normal minimum entry requirements) and are at least 30 years old will be assessed as to their suitability through interview, and where necessary the taking of references. They should be compensated for by his/her relevant work experience provided that such candidates have held, for a minimum of eight years, a responsible position which is relevant to the Master’s degree to be pursued.
12 Months (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Support for students and their learning:
- All students studying in Beacon benefit from the team of dedicated tutors who provide a point of personal and regular contact for students
- Student handbook, programme handbook and individual module handbooks
- Module content and materials via Moodle Virtual Learning Environment
- Library and learning resources of both University of East London and Beacon
- Wifi, photocopying & printing services, library with PCs and laptop recommendation services
- Unlimited worldwide web access
- Access to student services including those offered by careers, welfare and counselling.
Beacon maintains a maximum teacher-student ratio as follows:
Lecture: From 1:11 to 1:72
Practical & Tutorial: From 1:11 to 1:40
About University of East London
The University of East London is founded in 1898 and located in the East London boroughs of Stratford and Docklands. It is ranked:
- 1st modern university in London in the National Student Survey 2018 league table
- 2nd modern university in London for ‘teaching on my course’ (NSS 2017)
- 3rd modern university in London for ‘academic support’ (NSS 2017)
- World’s top 200 young universities (Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2018)
- World’s top 1000 universities (Times Higher Education University Ranking 2021)