Personal Data Protection Statement
Beacon International College will handle your personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“Act”). In this respect, Beacon International College.
- will obtain your consent if we should collect, use or disclose your personal data unless deemed consent has been given or if consent is not required to be given under the 2th, 3rd and 4th Schedules of the Act. If you contact us to make enquiries, we will be glad to be of service to you in view of your deemed consent.
- will respect your decision to withdraw your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in our possession at any time. Within a reasonable period, we will inform you of the likely consequences of withdrawing your consent. Thereafter we will cease to collect, use or disclose your personal data unless such collection, use or disclosure is allowed or required or authorized under this Act or other written law. Also we will cease to retain your personal data as soon as the retention period of the personal data has been completed and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
- will grant you access or to correct your personal data currently in our possession unless such a request is prohibited under s. 21 & s. 22 and 5th and 6th Schedules of the Act and upon payment of an administrative fee.
- will take appropriate measures to keep your personal data accurate, complete and updated.
- will also make reasonable efforts to take appropriate preventive measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured.
Purpose for the Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Data
Depending on your relationship with Beacon, the personal data which we collect from you may be used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Evaluating your application for enrolment as a student;
- Administering and managing your relationship as our student, such as for student pass application, application for scholarships and awards, fee matters, your academic performance or internships with external organisations;
- Enhancing or enriching your life as our student through Student Activities such as orientation, festivals, school celebrations, excursions;
- Assisting your application to our overseas partner universities by providing them with relevant data.
- Evaluating your application for employment with us;
- Administering and managing your relationship as our employee;
- Administering staff welfare programmes and benefits.
Do Not Call (DNC) Registry.
The DNC Registry provisions under the PDPA generally prohibit organisations from sending certain messages to Singapore telephone numbers, including mobile, fixed line, residential and business numbers registered with the Registry.
If you ARE registered with the Registry
If we can be of service to you, please do contact us via our various corporate emails so that we can follow up with you.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions on this policy or how Beacon manages, protects and/or processes your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (Mr. Noel Lee Sun Yen) at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or at (+65) 6338 5595.
More about PDPA
To find out more about PDPA, you may visit the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg/ and the Frequently Asked Questions at http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/pdpc/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx.